To feed 127 hungry hungry hockey boys..
* 8 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
* 65 plum/roma tomatoes, diced
* 335 g chopped fresh basil – place basil leaves on top of one another, roll into a log, then slice thinly..
* 4 red onion, minced
* freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
* 24 cloves garlic
* Olive Oil to drizzle (probably about 2 1/4 cups)
Note: Mince some of the garlic to add to bruschetta mixture, and save some for rubbing the bread before adding the topping
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
* Combine tomato, basil, and red onion in a small mixing bowl; stir well. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside. Drizzle with olive oil so mixture is nice and moist.
* Brush a bit of olive oil on each slice. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place in oven, and bake until well toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
* Remove bread from oven, and transfer to a large serving platter. Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes. Rub garlic into the top of each slice of toast; the toast should glisten with the garlic. Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice, and serve.