On these at the moment.
Posts Tagged ‘music’
Day 15- Put your iPod on shuffle: First 10 songs that play
1. Hear my Words – Figure Four
2. Bestial – Hatred Surge
3. In the Gray – Hot Water Music
4. Pachycephalosaurus – Showbread
5. A heartbeat behind – The Hurt Process
6. Bedroom Talk – The Starting Line
7. My Way – Black My Heart
8. Grunge Pig – The Get Up Kids
9. My Home – Lukas
10. New Direction – Gorilla Biscuits
Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
15 Interesting Facts, let’s just be honest here, by the time you finish reading them, you’ll be ready for bed.
1. I don’t like drinking water, unless I’m extremely thirsty and it’s the only thing around, or if I’m playing sports.
I’d pick sparkling water over regular water any day, and dear Mr Bartender, it’s different from soda water!
2. My favourite vegetable is the potato, closely followed by the sweet potato.
3. I don’t like getting wet. I have to get my head in gear before taking the plunge. Once I’m in, I’m fine and happy and can stay in for hours.
4. I love the heat. I grew up in a country where it is 55 degrees celcius for 3 months of the year with 100% humidity.
5. Lately I’ve been wearing a lot of salmon coloured clothing, with is funny, because a lot of people think my name is pronounced Salmon.
6. I’m more of a crisp person than I am a chocolate person.
7. The reason why my best friend and I became friends in the first place was all because of a single song. A Weezer song, which was covered by Further Seems Forever… Anyone know their music?
8. Since I was so involved with my sport and had too many comittments and they didn’t have the special development programs that they have now, I nearly flunked out of school. Through a very hard decision, I managed to turn it around through moving to another country, and now I’m a high school teacher. Go figure.
9. I used to be able to speak 7 languages in varying degrees. However I’m terrible at 6 of them now due to no-one speaking them and me not being able to practice and have conversation in them.
10. I used to be obsessed with Schna naa, and my parents had no idea what it was, then one day I went mental pointing at the tv. It turns out that Schna naa was in fact the Pinocchio tv series in Afrikaans.
11. On the 9th of November, so in a few days, I will finally be eligible to apply for my Australian Citizenship.
12. I broke my first bone at the age of two, going over a tiny ramp off the verandah on my tricycle.
13. I’ve never been allowed to vote in any country that I have lived in, and I’ve lived on three seperate continents.
14. I seem to have way too many close calls with snakes, and sharks. That’s not even normal! I’m completely not a fan of this fact.
15. I honestly never thought my brother would get married before me, but it’s pretty much going to happy unless I shotgun it before the end of April. Yeah right!
A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
I have this cd. It’s an mp3 cd.
I once burnt a copy of it for my male physio. I say male, because I also have a female physio.
He said it was depressing. I find it therapeutic..
To all those bands, thank you for being there, when no one else was.
When I doubted the world and myself, and contemplated seeing it all through to the end.
I was living in this house.
It was an old house, in a nice neighbourhood that we were very lucky to secure the previous year.
It was situated on a main road, that had my doctor, my physio, a pathology lab, a shopping center, the cinemas, tennis courts, 3 parks, and about 8 different take away places, all within a 2/3 min walk.
The only down side to this house was it had no insulation. So it was freezing cold in winter (it was referred to as the freezer), and sweltering in summer.
We moved out in October of last year into our current home now, which we have bought.
I still miss this house and the mutant massive lemons growing in the back yard.
This week, I got to catch up with a good interstate friend in the form of Mikeh or Carcass, otherwise known as the drummer of The Middle East. Yes, I’ve raved about them before. Mikeh as always was good to me, and secured me entry into yet another amazing festival his band was playing in.
This time it was On the Brightside, and I even scored catered lunch backstage with the bands… we still don’t know what that yellow stuff they served us was? giant cous cous perhaps? It was gross regardless.
The Middle East as always was superb, here’s a snapshot of one of their songs I got on my iphone, with guest appearances from Mumford and Sons.
I had to leave early to play a hockey match, but a special pass saw me seeing and falling in love with these guys all over again.
I love this song so much!
Here are some memories, and how good is watching the bands from the actual stage, and being able to look out upon the crowds. AMAZING!
Thank you Mikeh. I loved seeing you again!
Gosh it’s July already…
The mornings are freezing… at a lovely 1 degree. Training at night until sometimes 9:30pm is getting cold. It’s worse when it rains.
I have two night matches this weekend. 8:30 on sat, and 7 on sun – there goes my weekend… so tomorrow night is going to be the big one..
Found an old skate deck in my garage from the time I did the Extortion Australia Tour back in Jan 08 i think..
Deliberating whether to put wheels on, or sand it up, and paint the crap out of it..
I think perhaps paint it. Saw Callum’s video and it’s inspired me to do more art, plus my Mindsnare Deck could do with some company on the wall.
In other news, an established band has asked me to be a part of their band. They are definitely no where near as heavy as the last band I was in, but I really like their style, and they definitely have the potential to crack the market effectively. The only problem is, the amount of touring that they would have planned.
I’m just not sure I can commit to that amount of time being on the road, especially with the careers I have at the moment. Ah, the decisions.